Injury Prevention and Rehab Coaching
Team Oregon and Running Strong
Team Oregon is a year round program of coached training, runs and informational and social meetings.
Running Strong was established in 1999 to complement Team Oregon's strong foundation in coaching with a focus on injury prevention and helping injured runners and walkers return to their sport quickly and safely. Janet Hamilton's extensive background in injury prevention and rehabilitation provides the foundation for this service and her passion for helping injured athletes return to their best shows in the quality of coaching you will recieve. With over 20 years experience in rehabilitation, 15 years of that in Sports Medicine, Janet understands what it takes to get you back on track.
What is Rehab Coaching:
Rehab coaching is first and foremost an educational tool. The goal is to give the athlete the tools they need to get themseleves back in the groove, competing and training at their best.
A rehab coach will help you:
- Determine possible causes for your injuries so you don't just focus on treating the symptoms but put the emphasis on treating the cause so you don't keep bumping into the same patterns time and again
- Determine when to push ahead and when to back off
- Determine when to stretch and more importantly what and how to stretch effectively and safely
- Determine when to strengthen and what to strengthen - and how best to do this
- Determine if cross training is appropriate for you and if so, specifically what kind of cross training will be safe for you based on your injury status and the sport you want to return to
- Safely resume running or walking - without re-injuring yourself or bringing on new ones
What it isn't:
The coaching guidance given by Running Strong or the Team Oregon Rehab Coaches is not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Neither the content nor any other service offered by or through Team Oregon, Running Strong, or the Team Oregon site is intended to be relied upon for medical diagnosis or treatment. NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THE TEAM OREGON SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE!
Do you need it?
Those who may want to consider the program include:
- Runners and walkers with a past history of injuries associated with running or walking
- Runners and walkers who are currently fighting injuries
- Those training for multi-sport events
- Those just getting started with a running or walking program, or making the transition from walking to running - injury prevention is the key.
Team Oregon/Running Strong Rehab Coaching Program
For those who have been fighting injuries, or who have a history of injuries associated with running or walking, Running Strong provides personal coaching services to meet your needs and get you back on the road. The rehab coaching program is based on your goals, training/racing history and injury status. Continuous assessment of your progress insures that you are training in the most efficient and safe manner. You'll be in contact with your coach several times a week (sometimes daily if needed) and your program will be monitored and adjusted as needed.
The rehab coaching program starts with you completing our Rehab questionnaire. You send us the questionnaire and your check. You'll be notified by e-mail and a date/time will be set for you to phone us for your initial consultation or to meet in person if you're in the Atlanta, Georgia area. This initial assessment and consultation allows for clarification of items on the questionnaire, and allows you to expand on your goals and needs. The phone consultation usually takes between 30 minutes and an hour, depending on your individual needs. A face to face consultation (with video gait analysis) usually takes 1-2 hours.
- Rehab Questionnaire
- Initial phone consult (Note, face to face consultation can be arranged in the Atlanta, Georgia area).
- 4 week training program, updated weekly or as needed based on your progress and resolution of any injuries
- Unlimited phone/email consults as needed during the 4 week program (you call or e-mail with report of your training and injury status and your program is adjusted as needed).
- Specific instructions on proper stretching and strengthening exercises via the Team Oregon / Running Strong Rehab Library - this area is restricted to those who have subscribed to the Rehab coaching or personal coaching programs and is not otherwise accessible.
- Specific instruction on cross training options and techniques - based on your injury status, access to equipment, and the sport you are returning to.
- Assistance with understanding information provided by medical professionals. Sometimes it's hard to know what to ask and how to determine if your questions were answered. We can help provide you with specific questions to ask your medical providers to help insure you get the best quality of care.
- Virtual coaching $125 for first month includes initial assessment, detailed instructions on appropriate flexibility and strength exercises, detailed training plan and unlimited e-mail contact. Subsequent months are only $85.
- Face to face consultation (in the Atlanta area) first month $125 includes up to 1-hour initial evaluation in-person, gait analysis and one month of coaching. Additional evaluation time if needed is charged at rate of $65 per hour.
ONLINE PAYMENT FORM
Adobe Acrobat Brochures
The following brochures are available for downloading and printing with Adobe Acrobat. To get a free copy of the Adobe Reader click below.
Copyright and Legal Notice